About Andrea Berez
Andrea Berez is a Registered Dietitian and a specialist in pediatric and family nutrition. She has over 20 years of experience working with adults, young people, kids and families with eating, feeding and weight issues, as well as health issues such as eating disorders, food allergies and intolerances, IBS and functional stomach issues, PCOS, prediabetes, high cholesterol, amongst many others.
Throughout her life and career, Andrea has witnessed thousands of people struggle with their weight and health, trying all different modalities to achieve their health and lifestyle goals. She is excited to be a part of a cutting edge nutrition practice called nutritional genomics, which gives her the ability to do genetic testing for personalized nutrition, with just a simple swab of your saliva.
Eating Behavior Challenges
- My child hardly eats.
- My child is always hungry.
- My child only likes junk food.
- My child refuses to try new foods.
- My child will only eat in front of the tv or iPad.
Eating Disorder Challenges
- I don’t know how to help my child.
- My husband and I are yelling at our son all the time to eat, and he won’t.
- My daughter is constantly sneaking food. I find empty wrappers and packages hidden all over her bedroom.
- My daughter runs to the bathroom after every meal.
Credentials and qualifications
UMDNJ, School of Health Related Professionals — Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition
University of Wisconsin-Madison — Bachelor of Science, Professional Dietetics
Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy (IFNA) training
Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition
Certification of Training in Pediatric and Adolescent Weight Management
New Jersey Dietetic Association
Pediatric Nutrition (DPNG) DPG
Weight Management DPG
Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG
Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Nutrition DPG
American Dietetic Association
Health-Related Quality of Life in Overweight/Obese Children Compared With Children With Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Clinical Pediatrics, online 2014.Topics in Clinical Nutrition: Vol. 23, No.3, pp 275-276, 2008
The Parent's Guide to Eating Disorders: Supporting Self-Esteem, Healthy Eating, and Positive Body Image at Home, 2nd ed, by M. Herrin and N. Matsumoto, Carlsband, CA: Gurze Books;
Building Block For Life, The Dietitian's Role to Improve the Nutrition Integrity of School Lunches, by Andrea Berez, MS, RD, CSP, Pediatric Dietitian, RWJ-Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, Volume 29, NO. 2
How to read nutrition labels
Caffeine and teens
Snacks: pre- and post-workout for kids and young people
Need a speaker?
Andrea has also always had a passion for public speaking. She has presented educational seminars and has taught many cooking and nutrition classes to parents, children, teachers, and fellow RD and MD colleagues. Andrea also participates in numerous health and wellness fairs. During these events, she enjoys sharing information with families and children through play and fun. If you are in need of a speaker for nutrition, Andrea is an expert in the following topics:
- Post partum nutrition
- Feeding expectations of your infant, toddler or school aged child
- Childhood overweight/obesity
- Eating disorders/disordered eating
- Mindful eating
- Sports nutrition for children and teens
- Preschool and school-aged nutrition classes on a variety of nutrition topics
- Healthy cooking classes for children, teens or families