I offer several types of nutrition testing. Here are the ones that I get questions about.
You’ve had regular bloodwork done by your physician and everything looks good, but you’re still not feeling like yourself? You know your child with autism or ADHD is not eating balanced, or maybe they are taking a vitamin supplement, and you’re still noticing their symptoms and behaviors are not improving. You have an autoimmune disorder and seem to get the common cold much more frequently than anyone else. Don’t wait any further…it’s time to get micronutrient testing done.
Micronutrient testing is a next generation blood test for measuring specific vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino/fatty acids and metabolites within an individual's white blood cells (lymphocytes).Standard tests fluctuate wildly and only measure your body’s vitamin and mineral status from a snapshot in time.Sprectracell micronutrient testing goes a step further by assessing a patient’s functional deficiencies, over a period of 4-6 months which might not be detected by standard serum tests, and provides a powerful clinical assessment tool.
Who would benefit from micronutrient testing? EVERYONE.
Nearly every physiological function in your body requires micronutrients to function properly. Vitamin and minerals compounds play a key role in:
- Strengthening the immune system
- Reducing systemic inflammation
- Protecting against free radical damage
- Maintaining a healthful hormonal balance (i.e. thyroid, sex hormones, adrenal hormones, neurotransmitters/brain hormones, etc.)
- Maintaining insulin sensitivity
- Slowing cellular aging
- Promoting healthy tissues: skin, bone, brain, breast, gut, breast, prostate, heart, etc.
- Protecting against the development, progression and recurrence of cancer.
- Behavior, anxiety, depression, other mood disorders
To schedule for testing or to learn more:
- Are you finding it impossible to lose weight and keep it off?
- Do you have brain fog or constantly feel fatigued?
- Are you drinking too much coffee?
- Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
- Are you getting enough Vitamin D and B12 to optimize your fertility (for both females and males).
- Are you looking to unleash your genetic potential to train harder and recover better?
Nutrigenomix ™ is the first ever genetic test for personalized nutrition, and it’s offered exclusively through Registered Dietitians. With a simple saliva test, Nutrigenomix can show you how your genes influence your risk for health issues.
My Comprehensive nutritional
nutrigenomics counseling package includes:
- Initial consultation to obtain background information and saliva sample (60 minutes)
- 45 minute review of Nutrigenomix Report
- 60-minute follow-up to set goals and plan based on genetic report and other factors
- 3-30 minute follow-ups
- 1 Nutrigenomix 45-gene Health & Fitness analysis report
- Resting Metabolic Rate Measurement
- Personalized Dietary Intake Template
- Continuous Support
First 5 to purchase will get $100 of counseling, free metabolic test and $50 off meal plan
To schedule for testing or to learn more:
Metabolic Rate Matters!
What is it?
Resting metabolic rate (also called RMR) is the rate at which your body burns energy when it is at complete rest. When at rest, your body needs a certain amount of calories to keep it functioning at all times. The result of the test shows the calories that are needed to be consumed in order to maintain your weight. We can utilize the information to develop personalized nutrition and activity plans to achieve weight management and nutrition goals. And as your metabolic rate changes as you lose weight, re-measurement during weight loss allows you to avoid weight loss plateaus by altering your nutrition and exercise plan to reflect changes in your body.
Who will benefit from it?
If you are seeking weight loss or you are struggling with eating disorder recovery, you would benefit from having your metabolic rate tested.
Our metabolic rate determines how many calories our body burns each day. In order to lose weight, we need to consume fewer calories than we burn each day. Since metabolic rate is an essential component to weight management, it is important to assess your metabolic rate to establish your daily calorie goals.
How to do the test?
On the day of your measurement, do not:
- Eat or drink anything for at least 4 hours prior to your appointment. Water is OK.
- Do not exercise for at least 4 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Do not consume caffeine or nutrition supplements for 4 hours prior to your appointment.
- Continue to take any prescribed medications.